background

Friday, September 28, 2012

These days have been challenging and I have lerned what it is like to recieve the generosity of others.  It is humbling for one who is usually on the giving side.  I have started making thank you cards as a result.  Here are a couple:

The top card is what I came up with when I wanted a card that I could reproduce without buying new supplies.  I used a white standard 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 base, then using a 4x 5 1/4 white cs ran it thru a cuddlebug to emboss.  I also, used the cuddlebug to cut the center design.   I stamped, attached 2 pearls, and attached to card with sponge squares.  This card is simple and elegant.
 
The second card is a little more playful.  Again I wanted to be able to reproduce it easily and used a standard white card base.  The black is 2 3/4 x 3 1/2 and the butterfly starts with a 2x2 white.  The 2 x 2 stamped square was stamped grey with daisy and postage stamp design and black butterfly.  Then butterfly was lightly colored light blue in wings and square was edged softly. Finally cut the stamped square into 1 x 1 squares and place on black square.  Thank you is embossed in silver.  I will probable add a colored cs under the black to further accent the color in the butterfly.

No comments:

Post a Comment