background

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Hi, still working on Christmas presents

I just wanted to give you an update.  I've been working these last few months at State Line Nissan and the whole group of employees are a close knit bunch.  I feel like I am becoming a .part of it. 

This last week has been a challenge.  Our Owner/General Manager has a history of heart problems and has been out more than in since I started working.  Tuesday, November 9th, Bob passed away.  Everyone has been is a state of shock and because of the wonderful direction he gave we were able to carry through.  Today was his funeral.  The service was a short catholic service and the procession to the cemetery was long.  Then there was a lunch with an open bar, something Bob had once vocalized to his son and another manager and there was a wonderful time where family, friends, and his partner told stories about experiences they shared with Bob.  Many were laughing and crying.  It truly was a celebration of his life.

My heart and prayers go out to Doreen, his wife.  She will have a huge hole in her life for a while.  I hope she can find peace and purpose to carry on.  God be with her and the rest of their family.

No comments:

Post a Comment