background

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Hooraaaaay!

I'm down 10 pounds! I'm finding new recipies to try and I just found one that I will make again.

Fresh Corn Salsa

3 ears corn, husks and silks removed
1 (15 oz) can small white beans, drained and rinsed
3 Roma or Plum tomatoes, chopped
1 small red onion, diced
2 pickled jalapeno chiles, seeded and finely chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 tablespoons packed cilantro leaves, minced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper

Preheat the broiler. Place corn on broiler pan 5 inches from heat, and broil until corn is lightly browned on all sides, turning occasionally, about 3 minutes.

Place the corn in the microwave and cook on high for 2 minutes to cook through. Cool, then slice the kernels off the cob.

Toss the kernels with the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Cover and chill at least 1 hour before serving.

I made a few changes because of the time of year and what I had on hand. I used caned corn and tomatoes and because I didn't have cilantro I addes a can of rotel. I toasted the corn but there was no roasted flavor. I also held out the onions and only mised them in my portion since Gary can't eat them.

We use the salsa in soft shell tacos and as a dip with Multi-grain Doritos.

No comments:

Post a Comment